Thu, Mar 19th 2015, 09:20
The Psychosocial Readiness Evaluation and Preparation for Hepatitis C Treatment (PREP-C) is a free interactive online tool that enables you to provide a thorough assessment of a patient’s psychosocial readiness to begin Hepatitis C treatment, and make a treatment plan to improve treatment readiness.
This free online tool can be used by any type of professional involved in preparing a patient for Hepatitis C Treatment including medical providers, nurses, mental health, substance use, social work, pharmacy, case management, treatment adherence and health education specialists.
We invite you to learn more about the PREP-C in the About and Training sections. We hope that after doing so you will Register as a user and begin to use the PREP-C to help your patients prepare to start Hepatitis C treatment.
- The information you will enter to determine your patient’s readiness to begin Hepatitis C Treatment is secure and you do not need to enter your patient’s name or any other personal identification.
Registration for the PREP- C is quick, easy & free.
- Once you have completed the registration, your information will be reviewed by PREP-C staff and you will be notified within one business day whether your account has been approved.
- Once your registration has been approved, you can use the PREP-C online tool to administer the PREP-C interview to your patients.
What you can expect from the PREP-C
- The online tool will provide feedback as to how to improve your patient’s readiness to begin Hepatitis C treatment based on the information you enter.
- Your completed interviews will be stored in the Healthcare Provider Portal, which allow you to record a treatment plan and return to re-administer sections of the PREP-C at a later time.
- You can print out a copy of your completed interviews from this web site to use for the patient’s medical record.